Looking back: some of MDP's favorite Met Gala looks

Photo: Getty Images/Harper's BAZAAR
Tonight would have been the most anticipated evening in fashion: the Met Gala. Yet with the outbreak of Covid-19, the fashion elite are left sitting from home to reminisce on past looks from fashion's biggest night. In honor of of the Met Gala, I've complied a list of some of my favorite looks from over the years (including Zendaya's Dolce & Gabbana look from 2017). I had plenty of favorites but could only choose some and they are in no particular order. With no further introduction, see who made my list and why. What was your favorite looks?

Photo: Rihanna in 2017 wearing Comme des Garçons Fall 2016 |
Getty Images/Harper's BAZAAR
 I loved how intricate, beautiful and whimsical this look was. I loved that it didn't remind me of anything I ever saw.

Photo: Beyonce in 2017 wearing a latex gown by Givenchy in 2016 |
  Hollywood Reporter
  It had this effortless, high-end feel. I love the pearl details and that it was fuss-free but still was a statement piece without having to do too much.

Photo: Dapper Dan in 2019 wearing a Gucci embroidery suit |
Jamie Mccarthy/ Getty Images/ Town and Country
 It's hard for the men to stand out on the red carpet, especially at the Met Gala but Dapper Dan looked chic, suave and oh-so cool.
Photo: Hailey Baldwin-Bieber in 2019 wearing a pink Alexander Wang sequin gown |
 Shutterstock
I loved Barbie as a little girl so I absolutely loved how Hailey Baldwin-Bieber captured the real life essence of the famous doll in a fashionable, sexy look. It was perfect for the camp theme and the epitome of glamorous Barbie dreams.

Photo:Michael B. Jordan in 2019 wearing Coach |
  GQ UK
 It was such a subtle, upscale look for menswear. He looks amazing without trying too hard and it had just enough glam for the Met Gala.

Photo:Rihanna in 2018 wearing Maison Margiela |
Neilson Barnard / Getty Images/Buzzfeed
Yes, Rihanna, made my list again. This look was so jaw-dropping, dramatic, fashion-forward and perfect for the Met Gala's 2018 theme,"Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination".

Photo: Sarah Jessica Parker in 2014 wearing Oscar de la Renta |
Getty Images/Vogue
True to theme (always), Parker always stuns at the Met Gala. I loved this gown because it was so gorgeous. Oscar de la Renta's signature at the bottom was the perfect exclamation point to the dress.  It's such a special piece.

Photo: Serena Williams in 2019 wearing Atelier Versace with Nike Air Force One sneaker underneath | Neilson Barnard/Getty Images/Enews
This was so delicate, vibrant, feminine and glamorous! I like how Williams stayed true to herself by contrasting the look with the sneakers buried underneath. She looked so elegant! I would love this dress on any red carpet to be honest.

Photo: Tracee Ellis Ross in 2018 wearing Michael Kors |
EMCEE Network
This fuchsia gown by Michael Kors might have seem so simple for this event. However, I loved how classic and vibrant it was. It was one of those gowns that made a statement using the fit and a pop of color. The puffy coat-jacket added an extra touch of class and chicness to it. In addition, Ellis looked amazing in it!

No comments

Feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me at metrodivapages@gmail.com!