Falling into the season with 5 Staple Items

The days of splashing around in a bikini on a smoldering, sunny day have officially come to an end. From the cozy, statement-coats to the assortment of stylish boots, there is still plenty to look forward to with fall. Every year I find myself drawn to new must-have items I want to add to my wardrobe. Who doesn’t right? But before reviewing the latest trends, I like to begin with my go-to items first.

Every season has those staple pieces that are a go-to for that particular time of the year. It is the guide and mood for dressing for that season. Check out the five staple items that I am eyeing for fall 2018 below:

Outwear is important when you live in Michigan and nothing is more befitting for early fall than a quality, trendy leather jacket. Although a leather jacket can be pricey, a great sale and smart shopping can make it possible for any fashionista to buy. For example, this hot pink moto jacket by Neiman Marcus Leather Collection is affordable, speaks to the latest '80s trend for autumn 2018 and its bright pink color makes it too irresistible to pass up. 

Neiman Marcus
Neiman Marcus Leather Collection
Zip-Front Leather Moto Jacket
Original $475.00 | Now $213.00
Photo Credit:Neiman Marcus website


Tuck away the stray hairs on any given fall day with a hat that is simple and stylish. The Kate Spade New York  "Bowed Small Beret" hat offers the convenience and effortlessness any woman would love for looking good at any given moment. The pearls and bow give it that extra feminine touch that I just can’t resist.

Kate Spade New York
Bowed Small Beret
$48.00
Photo Credit: Lord & Taylor website


Kick off those summer sandals and slip into a sexy pair of boots! We all own a few different pairs of boots; for me, mine are all black which is limiting when I want to change it up. A turquoise, a rust or any colored pair of boots would be a great addition to my collection. The goal is to be able to switch it up and have options. These suede “Swagger” boots by Steve Madden are the perfect buy to accomplishing that goal.

Swagger boots- Cognac Suede
$169.95

Photo Credit: Steve Madden website


A handbag makes the best accessory and it’s my favorite accessory of them all. So, there is always a handbag on my wish list. Nowadays, I look for unusual shapes, styles and colors. I like to add something with a little splash of color and attitude in every now again to keep things interesting. And for me this red orange Gucci GG Marmont bag has just the right amount of sass and classic style that appeals to my taste.

Gucci GG Marmont Small Top Handle Bag
$2,590

Photo Credit: Saks Fifth Avenue website


Embrace the new season by picking out a new fragrance. A fragrance is an elegant and subtle way to welcome fall. But it doesn’t have to be warm and deep notes. A floral or fruity fragrance can be just as intetersting. Gucci’s Bloom Nettare Di Fiori Eau perfume is new on the scene and is a perfect scent for fall with floral notes that include rose and osmanthus flower.

Gucci Bloom Nettare Di Fiori Eau de Parfum Spray, 3.3-oz.
 $141

Photo Credit: Macy's website


What’s on your fall fashion list?

No comments

Feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me at metrodivapages@gmail.com!