Remembering a Legend & Icon


R.I.P. MJ 1958-2009
I woke up on June 25,2009, ready to celebrate another birthday and another year of life. I never dreamed my birthday would become an historical, monumental day for music and people all over the world.

On the afternoon of June 25, 2009, Michael Jackson was pronounced dead at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center . People all over the world---fans, friends, family, and celebrities mourned in disbelief as the announcement came that the legendary,King of Pop was dead at 50. Many have imitated but truly there can will never be another human being who can master what Michael Jackson has an artist. It's beyond the platinum records and sold out arena shows around the world. His music will keep his memory and legacy alive. He is the essence of an entertainer and at this time I pay my deepest respects to the man who invented and redefined what it meant to be a music artist. I choose to remember him for the legend he was and always will be. Thank you Michael Jackson.

MJ Memorials
T he Motown Historical Museum in Detroit will be holding a memrial for Michael Jackson today.
A candlelight vigil at the Hitsville USA building will begin at 8 p.m. Sunday.

The 2009 BET awards will honor the legacy of the King of Pop tonight at 8p.m. For more information, visit http://www.bet.com/Specials/betawards09/betawards09_news/betawards09_news_michaeljackson.htm.

Check out MTV for ongoing news on Michael Jackson and reactiosn to his death.

No comments

Feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me at metrodivapages@gmail.com!