Organizing: keeping calm and neat!

During this difficult and uncertain time, it's important to stay as positive as possible while staying home to keep ourselves and others safe. Self-care and doing things you love can make quarantine life not so bad and dare I say happy.

Besides working out, cooking healthy and watching my favorite shows, I find organizing strangely- satisfying. It's therapeutic when I organize my home in the midst of such a crazy time. And let's face it, it is spring time so spring cleaning is in order.

Plus, I hate having everything tossed everywhere when I want quick and easy access so organization is key and a way of life! In this first edition of organizing, check out how I went from cluttered drawers to neat and easy to access!

 (But first here's a tip: Do not be afraid to change what garments you put in what drawer. For example, I initially had my bras in one of my top two drawers but it wasn't big enough to really allow me to get in and out of the drawer without a fuss. So I moved my bras to a bigger, deeper drawer just below the top drawer to accommodate for more room. Now I can get in and out and see all I have.)



Photo: Metro Diva Pages
Drawer dividers are so amazing! I get tired of going into a overpacked-messy drawer for a t-shirt, yoga pants or anything else. Although I try to fold small and neat, I find it impossible to keep it neat because it's packed.  No more! These dividers keep everything sectioned and neat.  Don't believe me? Check out the before shot below.

                                BEFORE
Photo: Metro Diva Pages

                               
The drawer is not bad but it's definitely not neat and one of those drawers I dreaded going into. It's where I keep exercise clothing. It's annoying and difficult trying to keep this particular drawer together. But check out the transformation that some simple dividers make.

Photo: Metro Diva Pages

These drawer dividers are from Target and also available at Bed Bath and Beyond. Both stores currently sell them for $15.99. Two come in a pack, they are plastic and adjustable. They were very easy and simple to use.

                              AFTER

Poof, the messy drawer is gone! Even if I toss something in my drawer in a rush, everything is sectioned off so t's easy to go back to what I need and keep it organized. I love it! So far, I bought two boxes however, I plan to buy three more boxes to finish up my organizing. I highly recommend them. Stay tuned to MDP for more organization tips in the coming weeks!

No comments

Feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me at metrodivapages@gmail.com!