Carol's Daughter Saves the Day and Hair!



Photo Credit: Raquel Parks

I am in love with Carol’s Daughter’s Hair Milk and Mimosa Hair Honey! Both are perfect for my hair's needs. There are several reasons why I appreciate these products that I am happy to share with ally of my followers. A few months ago I went through a major medical situation. (I am happy to report I am doing great now.) For this reason, my hair went through a little stress and I have been trying to be very cautious with it. Also, the summer weather can be brutal on hair, especially with the scorching temperatures in Michigan recently. (I feel like I’m in the middle of the Sahara but at least it’s not snowing!)

I have been wearing a flexi-rod set the last month or so because of this. The flexi rod set (similar to a straw set) is a natural style that requires an abundance of moisture. I’ve worn this style a millions times throughout the years.  No matter how much I love the freedom and break it gives my hair, I find it difficult to keep the curls moist without enduring the gross and oily residue that most products leave behind. My goal is to prevent brittle, dry hair yet avoid having to wipe away greasy products left in my hair. It’s a mess and a pain! That is where Carol’s Daughter’s Hair Milk comes in.

The Hair Milk provides the moisture my hair needs without enduring a very greasy or sticky excess left behind. Hair Milk comes in a spray bottle and squirts out very easily onto the hair. It’s very light and has just enough oil to leave a shine without over doing it. In addition, it has a fresh clean scent that I absolutely love. My hair is very coarse and doesn’t have a wavy or curly pattern to it. It has more like a cotton texture that can easily shrink when wet.

Therefore, I find when using the Hair Milk it’s best for me to spray it on my hair at night, leave it be for 30 minutes, re-curl any loose parts and then I can put on my silk bonnet. If I go to style it right away, I could loosen some curls in the process. For me, I find it best to let it sit first. I try to avoid being heavy-handed when using this product, unless I feel my hair is extremely dry. A little is all that I need to maintain moisture in it daily.

The Mimosa Honey is awesome for my scalp! I tend to get a very dry, flaky scalp which is not cute. The dry weather does not help this condition. The Mimosa Honey is a grease that you want to use just a bit of. I rub two dime-size scoops of the grease onto my hands and massage it into my scalp. I have to do this about 3 times to hit every part of my scalp. It can be hard getting to my roots because my hair is thick (which is awesome but difficult at times).  But this grease seems to help with moisturizing it and leaving it soft enough to get through without a struggle which is a major plus.

The subtle, sweet scent is fantastic because it does not leave my hair too fragrant. I find this important when you are using more than one hair product to maintain hair care. Overall, I am happy with my Carol’s Daughter’s products. The best part about their products is that they do not have harsh chemicals like alcohol in them. I'm grateful for this, especially since my plan is to get color later this year. I hope to post a picture of my hair soon for you to show how well it looks with the Hair Milk and Mimosa Honey grease. Also, my plan is to pick up the Hair Milk Pudding today. I think the pudding will allow me another element of moisture without the wetness of the spay. I think I will probably be able to style more with it which I am excited about. After this, I am for sure a fan of Carol’s Daughter for life!  For more information on all of Carol’s Daughter products, visit their official website here.

No comments

Feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me at metrodivapages@gmail.com!