Thursday, February 10, 2011
This year's events include:
- The Ambassador Bridge Snow Slide which children and adults can enjoy for $3.00 and it's free during lunch hours of 11:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. on Friday
- Skating on Campus Martius Park--presented by Charter Bank. Skating is free but it's $3.00 to rent skates.
- Free Snowshoeing by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Ice Garden sponsored by Quicken Loans
- Greektown Casino Hotel Skating Demonstrations
- Marshmallow Roasting sponsored by Pepsi Bottling Group
- Arctic Blast slide at the rink of of Campus Martius Park--1 ride is $3.00 and $5.00 for two rides
If this is not enough already, there will also be several winter blast after parties and great cuisine of the D to enjoy! Some of the participants for the taste of Detroit include Greektown Taverna, Hot Diggity Dog, La Marsa , Kola's Food Factory, and Detroit Beer Co.
Visitors will need to donate a canned food item , a book, or a dollar to gain entrance into Winter Blast this year. Donations benefit Matrix Human Services Rotary Club's "Break the Ice" on the Cycle of Poverty Initiative .
For more information on the 2011 Winter Blast ,click here to visit the official website or call 313-963-8416. Winter Blast will be held from Friday, February 11 to Sunday, February 13th. The hours are from 11:00a.m. to 11:00p.m. Friday through Saturday and 11:00a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Sunday.